Information Science (English)
Dear prospective Student,
do not fear the language barrier. Despite we do the program in Germany - we are multilingual and we always tier down language hurdles smoothly.
Thus, let's talk about content.
Hochschule Darmstadt -Darmstadt University- and its Fachbereich Media -the School of Media- provides one of the most sophisticated study programs in Information Science (Informationswissenschaft) in the world. This is due to the distinguishing fact, that we perform this science as an engineering faculty and engineering science. Usually it ist provided as a social science instead. And that makes a BIG difference. We carry out semantics AND informatics AND technology to achieve the best breed for future information societies and its compounds. And, as a result from the underlying budgeting, we are perfectly equipped with technology and access to professional information sources.
It is not a slogan - our programs are accredited by one of the most recognized academic engineering & accreditation agencies in Europe, with an „A+“.
If you are interested in
- a basic study program on information science that yields to a Bachelor of Science, look up this.
- a Master of Science program on information science that thrills you between semantics and informatics, look up this.
- our special conditions of studying at Darmstadt University (h_da), look up this
- our Support, Grants, and Exchange Programs (ERASMUS & beyond)
- to apply to become a h_da student or to participant in an exchange program, take a look at the information in the right column.
It is well worth reading all information provided on our pages in German language - eventually with help of an online translation service like the one from the „big search company“ or one of its competitors or some browser add-in.
Information for international Students on the application process can be looked up here:
The information sources mentioned above carry out worldwide student exchange, ERASMUS-exchange in Europe, funds and application procedures for grants and scholarships, applying as a prospect with any kind of entrance requirement for studying at an university not issued within the EU, recognition of previous examinations, internships and so forth.